15) Attend a JHS Football Game and learn why football is bigger and better in Texas.
Tip: Learn what the ‘funky beat’ is, and see the famous ‘Flaming J.'
16) Eat a piece or a whole Lemon Icebox pie from the local, 5th generation restaurant, Sadler’s Kitchen.
Tip: Ask for a frozen slice.
17) Visit the Jacksonville Candy Company
Tip: Call ahead (903-586-8334) to find out when the first run of peanut patties and Holcomb special bars will be made, you must eat one hot off the presses.
18) Tour the Basket Factory and see what 'made in the USA' is all about
Tip: We used to manufacture lots of things here in Jacksonville and we need to cherish what is still being made here. Keeping jobs here and growing a better economy starts with teaching our kids about buying power and what it means to make something from nothing.
19) Learn the importance of saying ‘Yes ma’am' or 'No ma’am.’
Tip: always say, ‘please' and 'thank you.' Learning and using respectful words from parents goes almost as far as an education.
20) Take a Drive on 175 toward Frankston during the early fall season, when leaves just start to change colors.
Tip: This drive can be quite spiritual. Take a family photo to commemorate the yearly occasion.