Progress staff reports
Jacksonville Daily Progress
The Jacksonville City Council will meet for its regular session at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 11, at the Norman Center.
Council members will hold a closed executive session at 5 p.m. to discuss economic development negotiations.
Any action to be taken from the executive session will occur at the beginning of the 6 p.m. meeting.
On the agenda for the regular meeting:
- Consider approval of annual financial audit;
- Consider approval of request to replat a lot in the Piney Point subdivision;
- Consider approval of Cherokee County appraisal district's request for a refund;
- Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 1469, canceling a portion of the May 10 general election (Dist. 4 candidate Arron Swink ran unopposed, therefore he is elected without running on the ballot);
- Consider approval of a joint election agreement between the city and Jacksonville ISD;
- Consider approval of an election judge for the city of Jacksonville's general election for May 10; and
- Consider approval of budget amendments.