The Jacksonville Police Department made the following arrests between July 26 and Aug. 23:
• Jeremy Rinehart, 31, arrested for possession of a controlled substance on July 26, Bond set at $5,000.
• Theresa Saipes, 25, arrested for theft on July 26, Bond set at $1,000.
• Christopher Parsons, 22, arrested for failing to stop and exchange information on July 26. Bond set at $1,000.
• Shedarian Anderson, 29, arrested for delivery of a controlled substance and two warrants on July 27. Bond set at $7,500.
• Cody Roberts, 27, arrested for a local warrant on July 28. Warrants totaled $886.40.
• Makala Applin, 29, arrested for theft on July 29. Bond set at $1,000.
• James Meador, 23, arrested for theft on July 29. finess totaling $147.00.
• Robert Dye, 22, arrested for two local warrants on July 29. Warrants totaled $463.
• Karlisha McFarland, 25, arrested for for Bond Forfeiture on July 29. Bond totaled $7,000.
• Tabatha McFarland, 41, arrested for Assault, causing bodily injury (family violence) on July 29. Bond set at $1,500.
• Kimberly Johnson, 29, arrested for theft of less than $50 on July 29. Cited.
• Kyle Tinsley, 20, arrested for A possession of a controlled substance warrant on July 31. Bond set at $5,000.
• Jose Alamilla, 20, arrested for theft less than $50 on July 31. Released after time served.
• Lakeishia Christopher, 32, arrested on local traffic warrants totaling $645.80 on July 31.
• Jose Rodriguez, 24, arrested on evading arrest and public intoxication on July 31. Warrants and finess totaled $1642.
• Blake Nelson, 31, arrested on the charge of Harassment on Aug 1. Bond set at $2,000.
• Terrie Dirck, 37, arrested on local warrants and failure to identify or attempt to give false information on Aug 2. Bone and finess totaled $2,683.
• Corey Grant, 34, arrested for unauthorized use of a vehicle on Aug 2. Bond set at $5,000.
• Jesse Mims, 22, arrested for traffic finess, request to sit for finess on Aug 2. fines set at $853.20
• Jamie Garrett, 26, arrested for public intoxication and assault causing a bodily injury on Aug 4. Bond set at $1,500.
• Sarean Pok, 30, arrested for Assault causing bodily injury on Aug 5. Bond set at $1,500.
• Christopher Jones, 31, arrested for a local warrant and an expired DL on Aug 5. finess totaled 1,435.65
• Brandal Shepard, 20, arrested for criminal mischief and driving while license invalid on Aug 6. Cited.
• Jose Castillo-Hernandez, 18, arrested for running a stop sign, no DL, Failure to maintain financial responsibility, and defective equipment on Aug 7. finess totaled $803.30.
• Francisco Garcia-Mireles, 22, arrested for possession of alcoholic beverage in motor vehicle and public intoxication on Aug 7. finess totaled $304.00
• Tommy McLeroy, 35, arrested for public intoxication on Aug 8. finess totaled $142.00.
• Marshalonda Overstreet, 17, for tampering with a government record on Aug 9. Bond set on $3,000.
• Jerry Hendricks, 46, arrested for a local traffic warrant on Aug 9. finess totaled $2522.80.
• Kennie WIlburn, 37, arrested for assault causing bodily injury on Aug 9. Bond set at $1,500.
• Devante Hinton, 18, arrested for public lewdness on Aug 9. Bond set at $2,000.
• Kaneisha Boseman, 19, arrested for local traffic warrant on Aug 9. finess totaled $2,815.00.
• Jesse Engle, 42, arrested for local traffic warrant on Aug 10. finess totaled $592.00.
• Carlos Rangel, 18, arrested for Assault causing bodily injury on Aug 10. Bond set at $1,500.
• Charles Hearne, 24, arrested for traffic finess on Aug 11. finess totaled $3340.00.
• Kristy Weaver, 30, arrested for Multiple warrants on Aug 11. Warrants and finess totaled $4,896.40.
• John Chastain, 34, arrested for violation of taylor county probation on Aug 12. Bond set at $2,500.
• Nathan Smith, 18, arrested for a local warrant, possession of marijuana and evading arrest or detention on Aug 12. Bonds and finess totaled $17,226.73.
• Wanda Wilson, 40, arrested for traffic warrants on Aug 12. finess totaled $492.70.
• Rosalinda Escalera, 24, arrested for criminal mischief on Aug 13. Bond set at $1,500.
• Damesha Dansler, 21, arrested for 3 counts of abandonment of a child on Aug 13. Bond set at $30,000.
• Jan Durham, 54, arrested for public intoxication on Aug 13. Cited.
• Andres Pedraza, arrested for walking not facing traffic on Aug 14. fines totaled $117.10.
• Darel Hamilton, 19, arrested for Local traffic warrants and probation violation on Aug 14. No bond set.
• Michael Garza, 17, arrested for minor in possession of tobacco on Aug 15. finess totaled $912.00
• Roel Gallegos, 18, arrested for defective equipment on Aug 15. fines totaled $147.10.
• Katherine Mettlen, 29, arrested for driving with an invalid license, expired license plates, allowing child under 8 yrs. in unsecured passenger seat and failure to maintain financial responsibility on Aug 15. finess totaled 1,847.45
• Jairo Gonzales, 23, arrested for public intoxication on Aug 16. finess totaled $142.00
• Jose Cabrera, 30, arrested for public intoxication on Aug 16. finess totaled $142.00
• Espirio Moreno, 28, arrested for DWI on Aug 16. Bond set $1,500.
• Nathaniel Evans, 32, arrested for Denton COunty Warrant on Aug 17. Bond set at $750.00
• Michael Garza, 17, arrested for public intoxication on Aug 17. fines totaled $142.00.
• Angel Chavira, 18, arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and public intoxication on Aug 17. Bond set $1,000.
• Vincent Valdez, 20, arrested for public intoxication on Aug 17. finess totaled $142.00
• Elisa Mendoza, 22, arrested for aggravated assault on Aug 18. Bond set at $5,000.
• Lonnie Graham, 35, arrested for local warrants on Aug 18. finess totaled $592.80.
• Phillip Bishop, 20, arrested for local warrants on Aug 18. finess totaled $1555.90.
• Jeremy Jones, 22, arrested for no DL, Failure to maintain Financial Responsibilty and expired license plates on Aug 20. finess totaled $386.10
• Guadalupe Flores, 20, arrested for failure to drive in a single lane and no DL on Aug 21. finess totaled 374.20.
• Wendy Holmes, 34, arrested for smith county warrant (theft) on Aug 21. Bond set at $2,500.
• Rudy Sanchez, 19, arrested for no DL on Aug 22. fines totaled $212.00
• Javier Lopez, 36 arrested for public intoxication and assault on Aug 22. Bond totaled $5,000
• Jose Castillo, 18, arrested for ICE hold and Driving while intoxicated with an open container on Aug 22. Bond set $5,000.
• Rodrigo Sanchez-Morales, arrested for no DL on Aug 22. fines totaled $212.00.
The Jacksonville Police Department made the following arrests between July 26 and Aug. 23:
- Local News
- UPDATE: County co-op says many customers may not have power until Friday
Longtime furniture store changes hands
For the better part of a century, Bearden Furniture Co., Inc., has been the go-to place for local residents wanting to beautify their home.
Furniture and accessories, carpeting, window treatments – even electronics at one point – were offered at the Commerce Street store, but on July 1, the family who started Bearden's sold the company to Louisiana-based Ivan Smith Furniture company.
Athens woman confesses to killing daughter
A 25-year-old mother is in the Henderson County Jail after telling authorities that she had killed her four-year-old daughter, Monday
Bullard: District names Jan Hill as deputy superintendent
Bullard Independent School District is proud to announce Jan Hill as Deputy Superinten-dent. Hill will assume the new role effective immediately.
‘Christmas in July’ drive benefits area foster children
Sure, December is still more than five months away, but Cherokee County residents are getting the chance to start spreading some holiday cheer a little early this year during the annual Christmas in July donation drive, benefitting the county's Rainbow Room.
2014-2015 Jacksonville Leadership Institute opens enrollment
What is Jacksonville Leadership Institute?
Jacksonville Leadership Institute is a program through the Jacksonville, Texas Chamber of Commerce. A new class is formed each September.
Jacksonville continues its mosquito spraying schedule
The City of Jacksonville will continue implementing its summer mosquito spraying program next week by spraying areas 7 and 11.
Rusk protest highlights views concerning border issues
Several Texans gathered Saturday in Rusk -- not only to protest the recent federally-sponsored flood of illegal immigrants into the U.S., but to demand state officials to do something about it.
Nearly 20 concerned citizens gathered at the intersection of U.S. highways 69 and 84 Saturday afternoon, waving flags and hand-lettered signs asking for secure borders and better action on the matter.
RISD board mulls $16M budget
Local school board members are considering a $16,671,955 proposed general fund budget for Rusk ISD's upcoming fiscal year – which begins Sept. 1 – but are nowhere near close to adopting the budget, said Lesa Jones, assistant district superintendent for finance and operation.
National Night Out to return to Jacksonville
National Night Out ( NNO) festivities will be returning to Jacksonville this year.
Jacksonville Police Crime Prevention Officer Detective Tonya Harris said all Jacksonville residents are encouraged to participate this year by sponsoring or attending a National Night Out party on Oct. 7.
- More Local News Headlines