Sometimes it's just difficult to get so much information onto one business page. Case in point: recently we received an email from the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce chock full of great future business stories. Rest assured we'll be covering the growth in the area, but in the interest of dispensing "news," which by nature, is new, here's some bullet points from the Chamber highlighting what's going on.
* Stage Stores Incorporated decided to expand its business here in Jacksonville instead of their Ohio distribution center. They will be utilizing the former Astro Air facility.
* Jacksonville Economic Development Corporation will be moving into their new office located at 309 E. Commerce this October.
* Dacon Industries will be expanding their business
* A Houston Company Assisted living recently purchased Land at Industrial Park.
* Stream Global contemplating expansion in 2014.
* The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce has sold over 273 concrete tomatoes.
* Jacksonville Industries has purchased the former Tally Ho Plastics building and will be expanding its business over the next 2 years.
* The new Jacksonville / Cherokee County maps are out! Come by the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce office or out to Love’s Lookout Visitor’s Center to pick up yours today.
Rusk Chamber names Businesses of the Month
Meanwhile, in Rusk, the Cherokee Animal Clinic was awarded Business of the Month honors by the Rusk Chamber of Commerce for August. The clinic is located at 665 Johnson St (Hwy 84 East) St in Rusk. Two other businesses were also named Businesses of the Month, Pizza Hut & Wing Street 570 N Main St and Brookshire's at 425 N Main St.
Taste of Jacksonville coming right up
The 15th-annual Taste of Jacksonville will be on Friday at the Norman Activity Center, 526 E. Commerce, across from the Tomato Bowl, before the Indians Homecoming game. The event will be from 5 - 7 p.m. and feature tasty treats from restaurants around the area.
Reporter Ben Tinsley can be contacted by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 903-586-2236. Tinsley can also be followed on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/bentinsley or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ben.tinsley.12.