At the end of the meeting, Raissi recited a letter he had received commending the police department for helping locate a boy who was missing from a Tyler shelter.
Items approved included:
- A resolution to file for a solid waste grant;
- A $20,000 donations to the public library to digitize the Cherokee County Banner;
- Budget amendments on the purchase of a dump truck and a $22,000 increase to the Lake Fund;
- Appointment of David Brock to the Neches & Trinity Valleys Groundwater Conservation District Board; and
- Appointment of Janie Barber to the Jacksonville Beautification Committee Board.