Jo Anne Embleton
Jacksonville Daily Progress
CHEROKEE COUNTY —
Cherokee County Commissioners will hold a public hearing 10 a.m. Monday on setting the speed limit to 30 miles per hour on County Road 1102, convene in regular session to consider approval of a related motion.
The highly traffic road, located in Commissioner Steven Norton's district, is home to families with young children whose parents have requested a lowered speed limit to ensure safety.
Also during the meeting, commissioners will revisit an agenda item regarding the sale of two Mack dump trucks to East Texas Mack under the Buyback agreement by Pct. 3, which would then purchase two new replacement trucks through the company's BuyBoard program.
The court also will consider approval to advertise for bids on vehicles for the Sheriff's Department and consider acceptance of changes to job descriptions for various county officers.
Among other agenda items are:
• Consider laying utility lines in each precinct;
• Consider approval of monthly sheriff's report;
• Consider approval of tax refund greater than $500;
• Consider approval of monthly reports from Constable Pct. 2 Jack White, Terry Roach of the License and Weight Dept. and County Auditor L.H. Crockett; and,
• Authorize the payment of the bills, payroll and transfer of funds.