The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information that could lead to the arrest of a man caught on camera burglarizing a home on Thursday.
The suspect was caught on camera somewhere between 11 a.m. and noon in the ShadyBrook Community on Lake Palestine, near Bullard.
Police officials said the homeowner left their home just minutes before the suspect walked through his front yard and began trying to break into the side door of the home.
Before touching the door, the suspect removed his T-shirt and wrapped it around his hand to conceal any fingerprints. He made several attempts to break in the side door, but failed, before briefly trying the back door. He eventually returned to the side door and was able to enter the home.
According to the surveillance video, the suspect spent a little over five minutes inside the house and left with over $7,000 in silver coins, two pistols, jewelry and other valuables.
The suspect took the items and is not seen on video for almost 15 minutes. Officials said they believe he took the items to a nearby house or vehicle.
The suspect returned to the house two more times, taking more valuables each time.
In all, the total loss is estimated at approximately $10,000.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office at 903-683-2271.
Parade, other events canceled in Rusk
Several holiday events in Rusk have been postponed until next week due to inclement weather, according to the local Chamber of Commerce.Continued ...
- Lula Hamm
- Nursery brings abundance of holiday plant to local area
- Area pastor announces bid for county commissioner
- Fletcher resigns county court seat
- Parade, other events canceled in Rusk
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Region XIV Men's Hoops: Tyler rallies in final half to clip Jacksonville 73-70
- BH-Tommy Young Classic: Bullard downs Troup; Guard upset by Grace
- Jacksonville goes 4-0 in Madisonville Tournament
- Fightin' Maidens double up Hawkins
- GONE FISHING WITH JERRY MILLER