CHEROKEE COUNTY — The Cherokee County Commissioners' Court will meet at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 13, at the county courtroom at the Courthouse in Rusk for its regular meeting.
Agenda items for the meeting include:
- Consideration for laying utility lines in each precinct; presentation of service pins and certificates for county employees;
- Considering approval of sheriff's department's monthly report;
- Discussing and considering an agreement proposed by Klein Animal Shelter to continue accepting animals in the unincorporated areas of Cherokee County;
- Considering acceptance of the oath and bond of elected officials
- Considering acceptance of fund from the East Texas Communities Foundation in the amount of $3,000 for the second annual FitCounty Cherokee Day in the Park event;
- Considering a request to use a vendor for hot check collections in which all hot checks $100 or less are immediately reimbursed to the county;
- Considering approval to purchase a Motorgrader through BuyBoard for precinct No. 2;
- Considering acceptance of county commissioner for precinct No. 3 amend of annual road report;
- Considering acceptance of annual road report for one or more precincts;
- Considering approval of lease agreement between Cherokee County and Triad Asset Management for hangar No. 37 at the airport;
- Considering approval to purchase a tractor/aircraft tug through BuyBoard; and
- Considering approval to purchase a light bar and radar unit from the City of Alto for license and weight truck.
The following are up for consideration on the consent agenda:
- Approval of Commissioners' Court minutes of meetings of December 2013;
- Approval of County auditor's monthly report for the period ending Nov. 30, 2013;
- Approval of license and weight, Terry Roach's monthly report;
- Approval of Constable Precinct No. 2, Jack White's monthly report and racial profiling law report for 2013; and
- Authorizing the payment of bills, payroll and transfer of funds.