JACKSONVILLE — Members of American Legion Post 152 of Jacksonville will host a drawing Friday, December 20, for a Ruger SR 1911 45-calibre automatic pistol, with tickets priced at $5 apiece or 6 for $20. Contact Post Commander Dick Miller at 903-625-8727, or stop by the Jacksonville Chili's between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.; the drawing will be held at 5 p.m. “May God's strength sustain you; may his power preserve you; may his hand protect you; may his love direct you; may his love go with you.” American Legion Post 152 wishes you a safe and happy holidays.
County sets speed limit on CR 1102
Although a public hearing held Monday by Cherokee County Commissioners didn't attract anyone, the court unanimously voted to set the speed limit along County Road 1102 to 30 miles per hour, said County Judge Chris Davis.Continued ...
- Voting officials explain runoff election process
- Texas revolution lecture set for March 31
- Country artist Jake Penrod to perform
- Convergys completes acquisition of Stream
- County sets speed limit on CR 1102
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Tribe's Riden named District 16-4A Offensive MVP
- Lady Jaguar Workman named as Region XIV's top womens player
- New Summerfield downs Van, 3-1, to win small school soccer tourney
- Troup baseball: Smith tosses a no hitter; fans 12 Harmony batters
- Priddy Good Stuff: Brook Hill disposes of Class 6-A Lake Hamilton, Ark.