CHEROKEE COUNTY —
Alto and Troup city councils will meet early next week for regular
City of Alto
Council members will meet in both special and regular sessions, 6 p.m. Monday at the Alto City Hall, according to meeting agendas.
During the called special session, City Secretary Cindy Murray will certify unopposed candidates who filed for office earlier this year.
Incumbent city council members Al Thacker, Randy Selman and Carey Palmer – along with mayoral candidate Jimmy Allen – will be sworn into office, upon which the regular council meeting will commence.
Among the agenda items the council will address are:
• Appointing a Mayor Pro Tem
• Approving a resolution to add Mayor Jimmy Allen to the city's bank account;
• Readdressing sewer and water rates for the city;
• Approving a city ordinance for “No Thru Trucks” in the downtown business district;
• Discussing the alley easement inf front of Jerry Flowers' property;
• Discussing options for a 2004 Ford Taurus seizure vehicle; and
• Discussing employee parking lot.
City of Troup
Votes from the May 10 municipal election will be canvassed during a 5:45 p.m. meeting of the Troup City Council on Monday.
Bill Lacy, who received 110 votes to incumbent John Whitsell's 89, was elected mayor during the municipal election. Lacy, Place 2 incumbent Joe Carlyle and Place 5 incumbent Carole Wilson, will be sworn into office.
Afterward, the council will select a new Mayor Pro Tem, then discuss items of interest and items to be placed on future agendas.