JACKSONVILLE — A man was taken to a Tyler hospital by helicopter and a family to a local medical facility by ground ambulance Tuesday afternoon following a two-vehicle collision in the 900 block of North Jacksonville Street. The 2 p.m. accident — located in front of Neon Country club — occurred when a blue Ford Taurus traveling south in the northbound lanes struck a northbound Dodge Ram pickup, causing it to flip end-over-end a couple of times before coming to rest on its side, according to Jacksonville Police Officer Matt Odom. There were five passengers in the pickup, a grandmother, grandfather and three children, ages 4, 2, and 9 months. All were taken to a local hospital. The driver of the Ford Taurus had to be cut out of his vehicle using jaws of life before he was flown to medical aid, reports show. The case remained under investigation by Jacksonville authorities Tuesday, Odom said.
Cherokee County woman found dead
At approximately 9:35 a.m. Sunday, Kayla Nicole Thompson, 27, was found deceased in the driveway of her residence, located in the 1500 block of County Road 3201, just West of Lake Jacksonville.Continued ...
- Bullard Education Foundation sets record with event
- Fire destroys Sims Avenue residence
- Community library on council agenda
- Council to mull election, roads
- Cherokee County woman found dead
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Lady Tigers zap Winona, 11-0, to settle into playoff mode
- Tribe soccer sends 4 to 35-4A first team; Melchor District Offensive MVP
- JUCO Tennis: Jaguars hold at No. 13 in latest ITA poll; women up one spot
- Bullard ace strikes out 14 in warm-up game
- Alto boys win area track championship