JACKSONVILLE — Members of the Jacksonville Police Department and city and county officials gathered Thursday at the police department for National Peace Officers Memorial Day and Police Week. The ceremony dedicated to JPD dispatcher Amber Enge who died in a wreck on her way to work in April. Jacksonville Mayor Kenneth Melvin read a proclamation, and the flags were lowered to half mast during the event.
Rusk protest highlights views concerning border issues
Several Texans gathered Saturday in Rusk -- not only to protest the recent federally-sponsored flood of illegal immigrants into the U.S., but to demand state officials to do something about it.Continued ...
Nearly 20 concerned citizens gathered at the intersection of U.S. highways 69 and 84 Saturday afternoon, waving flags and hand-lettered signs asking for secure borders and better action on the matter.
- RISD board mulls $16M budget
- National Night Out to return to Jacksonville
- Gallatin resident seeks help with expenses after diagnosis
- Bullard group rallies behind alcohol petition
- Rusk protest highlights views concerning border issues
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Bullard's Rumbelow rapidly rising up through ranks in Yankee farm system
- Jacksonville Football Camp set for Aug. 4
- Rusk qualifies 4 teams for TTA state baseball tournaments
- Jacksonville finds new defensive a few miles down Highway 79
- Wells roper snares a nice payday at Snake River Stampede