CHEROKEE COUNTY —
Jacksonville ISD trustees will meet Monday in a 5 p.m. budget workshop, followed by a 6:30 p.m. regular meeting, held at the district administration building, 800 College Ave.
Budget workshops are planned throughout the summer to address items pertaining to the 2014-15 JISD budget, which is expected to be adopted in August.
Action agenda items at Monday's regular meeting are:
•Consider/approve guarantee maximum price for additions to the Nichols Intermediate campus and construction of the West Side Elementary Campus, including parking for the JISD Gymnasium;
• Consider/approve interlocal agreement with Region 10 ESC for 2014-15 multi-regional Child Nutrition Cooperative Purchasing Program;
• Consider/adopt resolution to approve new board secretary to sign on depository account at depository bank;
• Consider/approve vendor sealed proposal #14004 to supply bread, milk and juice for 2014-15 school year;
• Consider/approve consent agenda items, including board minutes, investment and finance reports, ADA summary report, budget amendment if needed/current amended budget, work order reports for maintenance and technology, and a donation from Kohler Engines to JHS CTE Department of 24 engines valued at $5,400.
In other news, on Friday, the district announced dates for groundbreaking ceremonies on projects funded by a $22.78 million bond package approved last fall by voters.
On Tuesday, June 24, a 6 p.m. ceremony will be held at Nichols Intermediate School, 818 SW Loop 456, where additional classrooms and a band hall will be constructed.
Groundbreaking on the new West Side Elementary campus – at 1105 College Ave. – will be held 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 8.
RUSK – School board trustees will meet in regular session 6 p.m. Monday at the Rusk district administrative office.
Among items the board will consider are:
• Approval of consent agenda items such as monthly meeting minutes, reviewing monthly expenditures and financial updates, and considering student transfers;
• Consider a resolution for the 2014 Media Honor Roll; and
• Consider Wall of Honor nominees.