Progress staff reports
Jacksonville Daily Progress
RUSK — The Cherokee County Commissioners Court will meet for the regular meeting at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at the County Courtroom in Rusk.
During the meeting, commissioners are expected to consider laying utility lines in each precinct and to hear and accept the racial profile report for 2013 from the sheriff's department.
Other items on the agenda include:
- A budget amendment to increase a truck purchase by $70,000 in order to purchase a new or used dump truck, and permission to purchase a new or used dump truck for precinct no. 3;
- Considering approval of a Hangar Development Plan for the airport;
- Consider approval of a lease agreement for the health department;
- Discuss and potentially take action on the creation of one or more County Energy Transportation Reinvestment Zone;
- Discuss and potentially take action regarding the SB 1877 Prioritized Project List for the county transportation infrastructure fund grant program; and
- Discuss and consider accepting the annual road report.
The consent agenda includes the approval of Constable Precinct No. 4 Jamie Beene's monthly report and 2013 year-end report, as well as the approval of Precinct No. 3 Eddie Lee's monthly reports for Oct., Nov. and Dec. and a racial profiling report.