JACKSONVILLE — Alinda Bronson, 54, was named as the victim in a Saturday, Jan. 25, stabbing. She was stabbed in the left side by her boyfriend, L.T. Whitaker Jr. Whitaker, 39, was charged with aggravated assault/family violence Saturday after the Bolton Street offense. His bond was set at $250,000. According to Detective Tonya Harris at the Jacksonville Police Department, Bronson was "doing better" in a Tyler hospital.
Cuney Council cancels meeting, again
Tuesday's Cuney City Council meeting – in which local alderman were to vote on canceling a May 10 election due to unopposed status of candidates – was canceled because of a lack of quorum, according to City Secretary Brenda Lankford.Continued ...
- Senator Nichols speaks to Jacksonville Leadership Institute
- Local boy recovering from campfire accident in Dallas hospital
- Cherokee County woman found dead
- Bullard Education Foundation sets record with event
- Cuney Council cancels meeting, again
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Alto softball shoots up to No. 1 in latest state-wide poll
- Lady Tigers zap Winona, 11-0, to settle into playoff mode
- Tribe soccer sends 4 to 35-4A first team; Melchor District Offensive MVP
- JUCO Tennis: Jaguars hold at No. 13 in latest ITA poll; women up one spot
- Bullard ace strikes out 14 in warm-up game