Chamber of Commerce
North East Texas Tourism Council announces the upcoming 2014 events guide promoting 30 county region in North East Texas will be available in January. Jacksonville is one of the many cities promoting their community as well as annual events in the publication.
The front cover of the event guide is a photo of two Jacksonville locals, Jon Hargett and Derek Birdwell. The photo was taken at Lake Jacksonville with Derek Birdwell water skiing and a day of fishing for Hargett.
Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce is a member of this organization and the members meets every other month discussing regional advertising as well as networking opportunities.
This organization was established in 1992 and has grown over the past several years promoting the region. Peggy Renfro, Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce President is an officer of this organization.
As an advertiser in the publications, Jacksonville has listed 6 annual events promoting Mud Creek’s Mud Nationals in March, Tops in Texas Rodeo and Mudd Jam at River Run ATV Park in May, Tomato Fest in June, July 4th Fireworks on Lake Jacksonville and Christmas on Commerce & Quilt Festival in November.
A total of 35,000 are printed and distributed at travel shows in Ft. Worth and Katy, Texas Travel Centers, CVB and Chamber of Commerce. Copies of this publications will be available at the Chamber office located inside the Norman Activity Center, 526 E. Commerce or Love’s Lookout Visitor Center on Highway 69 North in late January.
For additional upcoming events, visit www.JacksonvilleTexas.com or call 903-
Chamber of Commerce
Country artist Jake Penrod to perform
The life and music of Country’s first superstar comes to life with Jake Penrod in Hank Williams Remembered at 3pm on Saturday, March 8 in the Nacogdoches County Civic Center.Continued ...
- Convergys completes acquisition of Stream
- Area women honored by mentoring program for roles in community
- Chase leads to aggravated robbery arrest
- Bullard meningitis vaccines important for young adults
- Country artist Jake Penrod to perform
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- New Summerfield downs Van, 3-1, to win small school soccer tourney
- Troup baseball: Smith tosses a no hitter; fans 12 Harmony batters
- Priddy Good Stuff: Brook Hill disposes of Class 6-A Lake Hamilton, Ark.
- Eagle 9 drop decisions to Carthage
- Indian baseball loses twice in Quitman tourney