CHEROKEE COUNTY — The Agri-Business Committee of the Jacksonville Chamber recently donated funds from the 2013 Annual Hay Show & Sale. The Cherokee County Soil & Water Conservation and the Cherokee County Exposition Center each received $2,643.57. The Cherokee County Scholarship Fund received a total of $5,287.14. Serving on the Agri-Business Committee are Roland Adams & Charles Dickerson, Co-Chairs; Debbie Kerzee, Kris Sturrock, Tam Nannen and committee members Aaron Low, Randy Gorham, David Butler, Bruce Mehlenbacher and Bryon Underwood.
The news that Father Mark Kusmirek would leave Jacksonville to accept a new assignment Aug. 1 in Longview spread quickly around town this month.Continued ...
- Alto City Council examines gas line issue
- Frankston woman honored as 50-Year Banker
- Proposed JISD budget to get hearing date
- County leaders to consider backhoe purchase
- Godspeed, Father
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- McCown says he likes direction Tampa Bay is heading in
- Prep volleyballers to return to the gym Monday
- Patton about to start his 7th season in Rusk
- Junior golf: Brown claims a pair of 3rd place finishes this week
- Forrest picked to guide Fightin' Maiden volleyball