HUNTSVILLE — Richard Aaron Cobb was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m. at the Death House in Huntsville. Cobb's final appeal was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court about an hour before his execution was scheduled to begin. Cobb was sentenced to death in 2004 for the 2002 murder of a mentally disabled man in Cherokee County.
The news that Father Mark Kusmirek would leave Jacksonville to accept a new assignment Aug. 1 in Longview spread quickly around town this month.Continued ...
- Alto City Council examines gas line issue
- Frankston woman honored as 50-Year Banker
- Proposed JISD budget to get hearing date
- County leaders to consider backhoe purchase
- Godspeed, Father
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Prep volleyballers to return to the gym Monday
- Patton about to start his 7th season in Rusk
- Junior golf: Brown claims a pair of 3rd place finishes this week
- Forrest picked to guide Fightin' Maiden volleyball
- Guard-ex Minter helps USA win tourney in the Netherlands