HUNTSVILLE — Richard Aaron Cobb was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m. at the Death House in Huntsville. Cobb's final appeal was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court about an hour before his execution was scheduled to begin. Cobb was sentenced to death in 2004 for the 2002 murder of a mentally disabled man in Cherokee County.
2 men arrested after standoff in grocery store
According to Alto Police Chief Jeremy Jackson, a person reported seeing two black males at the store just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.
- Some area entities closed for holiday
- JPD dispatcher killed in wreck
- CR speed limit changes, E-filling fee top agenda
- Religious lines drawn: Protesters met by members of Church of Wells
- 2 men arrested after standoff in grocery store
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Troup Tiger golfers to return to state tournament
- Fightin' Maiden softball earns first-ever playoff berth
- 16-4A Baseball: Jacksonville trounces John Tyler, 11-0
- Crisp no-hitter sends Lady jackets to 16-1 win over Wells
- Mallard, Smith pick up 4 hits each as Troup whips Frankston