HUNTSVILLE — Richard Aaron Cobb was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m. at the Death House in Huntsville. Cobb's final appeal was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court about an hour before his execution was scheduled to begin. Cobb was sentenced to death in 2004 for the 2002 murder of a mentally disabled man in Cherokee County.
County sets speed limit on CR 1102
Although a public hearing held Monday by Cherokee County Commissioners didn't attract anyone, the court unanimously voted to set the speed limit along County Road 1102 to 30 miles per hour, said County Judge Chris Davis.Continued ...
- Voting officials explain runoff election process
- Texas revolution lecture set for March 31
- Country artist Jake Penrod to perform
- Convergys completes acquisition of Stream
- County sets speed limit on CR 1102
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Tribe's Riden named District 16-4A Offensive MVP
- Lady Jaguar Workman named as Region XIV's top womens player
- New Summerfield downs Van, 3-1, to win small school soccer tourney
- Troup baseball: Smith tosses a no hitter; fans 12 Harmony batters
- Priddy Good Stuff: Brook Hill disposes of Class 6-A Lake Hamilton, Ark.