WELLS — Layla Herman, left, and Mylie Herman, right, enjoy one last gathering of Rube Sessions Memorial Library Bluebonnet Story Time in Wells, discussing books with volunteer Shayna Vann, center. Throughout the month of February, Vann and fellow Wells High School FCCLA volunteer April Parrish helped with the project, reading to students as part of the libary's Bluebonnet Reading Program. Local residents also contributed to the program, such as Diane Register, who loaned a bluebonnet display to the library to help illustrate the theme. The project was supported through Brinker International, said librarian Kim Herman.
Body found in bed of truck
Authorities on late Wednesday had not confirmed the identity of a body found in the back of a pickup truck near Reklaw on Tuesday.Continued ...
According to a press release from the New Summerfield Police Department, officials received a report of an abandoned 2001 Ford pickup Tuesday that was located on a parcel of land in rural Cherokee County.
- JEDCO names new president
- JISD sets public hearing for proposed $45M budget
- Public health department extends hours to help parents get students vaccinated
- Proposed budget ‘virtually identical’ to 2013 budget
- Body found in bed of truck
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Bullard's Greene collects 2 hit in Pensacola loss
- Fightin' Indians' new district stacked with quality
- Trio of former local prep standouts playing for top 10 D-II schools
- High school volleyballers to hit ground running Monday
- McCown says he likes direction Tampa Bay is heading in