Jacksonville Daily Progress
CHEROKEE COUNTY — A number of Republican candidates filed for reelection this week, according to a list provided to the Jacksonville Daily Progress by Jerry Rix, GOP party club chairman.
Meanwhile, Cherokee County Democratic Party Chair Caesar Roy said he had not received any party filings as of Wednesday but hoped to receive some prior to the Dec. 9 filing deadline.
"Not today but I'll let you know as soon as someone files," he told a reporter.
Secretary of State John Steen has said filing for the 2014 primary election began Nov. 9 and continues through Dec. 9.
The Republican list of candidates running for reelection,, provided Wednesday by Rix includes:
• County Judge Chris Davis.
• Commissioner Precinct 2 Steven Norton
• Commissioner Precinct 4 Byron Underwood
• County Treasurer Patsy Lassiter
County Clerk Laverne Lusk
• District Clerk Janet Gates
• Justice of The Peace Precinct 2 Tony Johnson.
• Justice of the peace Precinct 3 Phillip Grimes
• Justice of the Peace Precinct 1 Brenda Dominy
• County Surveyor: Richard Morgan