Unregistered voters have until Tuesday to register for the Nov. 6 general election.
Individuals may print out a registration form from the votetexas.gov website and mail it to the Cherokee County election office by the Oct. 9 deadline, or stop by the county office at 138 W. Fifth Street in Rusk, said Shirley McCormack, a part-time county election office clerk.
The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
“Forms are also available at the Jacksonville and Rusk public libraries, and most of the Justice of the Peace offices carry them,” she said. “All someone has to do is fill it in, sign and mail to us.”
A new voter registration card is sent automatically to an individual every two years if no change of address has been filed.
Under federal law, a voter who has moved from one state to another within 30 days of a presidential election is allowed to vote in his or her former state of residence either in person or by absentee ballot, according to the website, www.mytimetovote.com.
The site also states that a voter who has moved from one address to an another within an area served by the same polling place need only confirm his or her change of address to vote, even if the move is close to election day.
Early voting for the general election will be held Oct. 22 through Nov. 2.
Country artist Jake Penrod to perform
The life and music of Country’s first superstar comes to life with Jake Penrod in Hank Williams Remembered at 3pm on Saturday, March 8 in the Nacogdoches County Civic Center.Continued ...
- Convergys completes acquisition of Stream
- Area women honored by mentoring program for roles in community
- Chase leads to aggravated robbery arrest
- Bullard meningitis vaccines important for young adults
- Country artist Jake Penrod to perform
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Crimson Tide's Littlejohn moves to 5-0 with 1st SEC win
- Prep Soccer: Hawkins boots Brook Hill girls to another state championship
- 35-4A Soccer: Jacksonville girls down Lady Hornets, 1-0
- 16-3A Softball: Springer fans 13 as Bullard stops Spring Hill, 4-1
- Prep Baseball/Softball Roundup: Rusk's Raiborn tosses no hitter