JACKSONVILLE — The Jacksonville City Council will meet at 6 p.m. tonight for its regular meeting to discuss several agenda items, including recommendations for the Jacksonville Economic Development Corporation.
Also on the agenda is a quit-claim deed concerning a piece of property purchased by Jacksonville ISD. There was a conflict in the property's description, according to the agenda. The deed will correct the error.
An executive session will be held at 5 p.m. to consider deliberations about real property.
Other items on the regular meeting agenda include:
– A public hearing for a zone change at Mission Village of Jacksonville;
– Consider a leaseholder's request to purchase additional footage on an adjacent lot in South Shore subdivision;
– Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 1470 to abandon a portion of a city alleyway;
– Consider approval to have streets blocked for the annual Tomato Fest in June;
– Consider approval of an annual lease agreement between the YMCA and the city;
– Consider a request for the Jacksonville Fire Department to apply for a grant;
– Consider approval for disposal of surplus equipment;
– Consider an appointment to the Access Board; and
– Consider a date to canvass the election.