JACKSONVILLE — Top: Daniel Minton, marketing director of Bonner Street Plaza senior residential center, left, and Glenn Conner, his counterpart at Grace Healthcare Services, dish up take-out plates of barbecue Wednesday for individuals who donated to the Toys for Tots campaign – like Amy Woodall, below right. Minton said the drive-through campaign netted $275 in donations. In addition, about 65 chopped beef sandwiches – provided by Conner – were given out. This is the second year that Grace has sponsored the drive benefitting Toys for Tots. Above, right: Amy Woodall waits for a sandwich Wednesday after she makes a donation. Above, left: Minton displays some of the items donated Wednesday. Toys for Tots has several drop boxes located throughout Cherokee County; for more information, contact the Marine Corps League Jacksonville Texas Det. #1381 at 903-721-1277.
Cherokee County woman found dead
At approximately 9:35 a.m. Sunday, Kayla Nicole Thompson, 27, was found deceased in the driveway of her residence, located in the 1500 block of County Road 3201, just West of Lake Jacksonville.Continued ...
- Bullard Education Foundation sets record with event
- Fire destroys Sims Avenue residence
- Community library on council agenda
- Council to mull election, roads
- Cherokee County woman found dead
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- Lady Tigers zap Winona, 11-0, to settle into playoff mode
- Tribe soccer sends 4 to 35-4A first team; Melchor District Offensive MVP
- JUCO Tennis: Jaguars hold at No. 13 in latest ITA poll; women up one spot
- Bullard ace strikes out 14 in warm-up game
- Alto boys win area track championship