Daily Progress, Jacksonville, TX

Homepage

June 24, 2014

McDonalds temporarily evacuated

JACKSONVILLE — According to Jacksonville Fire Chief Brent Smith, officials evacuated McDonalds on Saturday after a chlorine gas scare.

Smith said the gas was generated while an employee was mixing a cleaning solution. Two people were transported to an area hospital for chlorine gas exposure, and the restaurant was evacuated until the spill/gas was cleaned up and the health department was notified.

Smith said the restaurant was opened later Saturday.

 

1
Text Only
LOCAL NEWS
LOCAL SPORTS
LIVING