This year, Black Friday is expected to draw 114.6 million shoppers, just a drop in the bucket of sales during a shopping period that spans five days during the Thanksgiving holiday period, according to National Retail Federation.
Overall, estimated 165.3 million people are likely to shop Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday, according to the annual survey released this month by the National Retail Federation and Prosper Insights & Analytics.
“The tradition of Thanksgiving weekend holiday shopping has become a five-day event with consumers spending money in stores, supporting local small businesses, and online with their mobile devices and computers,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “Even as people are starting to purchase gifts earlier in the season, consumers still enjoy finding good Thanksgiving deals and passing time shopping with family and friends over the long holiday weekend.”
However, noted EarlyBlackFriday.com founder Jon Vincent, the sales seem to be starting even earlier than usual.
“While a lot of retailers are trying to move 'Black Friday' to earlier in the week, Best Buy is trying to extend Black Friday even further this year by releasing new doorbuster deals on Black Friday and the Saturday after Black Friday. This is something that they haven't done in the past, and I think will work well for them as they seem to be the only retailer releasing new deals each of those days,” he said.
The EarlyBlackFriday.com site is a data-base of sorts of Black Friday ads and Cyber Monday deals offered by a variety of retailers, from Kohl's, Old Navy and Target, to Walmart, AAFES Exchange Service and Amazon.com, among others.
Across the board, phenomenal deals are offered during the Black Friday buying period, but “if you could only go to one store this year, Walmart is the place to go,” Vincent recommended. “Across the board, they seem to have the best deals in a wide range of product categories. However, if you're looking for a TV, Best Buy is the place to shop and the HDTVs they have featured on the front page of their ad are all excellent deals.”
Other notable top Black Friday deals Vincent suggests perusing include:
– Element 65" 4k Roku HDTV for $279.99 at Target (in-store only).
– Westinghouse 50" 4k Roku HDTV for $149.99 ($160 off) at Target (in-store only).
– Insignia 58" 4k Fire TV HDTV + free Amazon Echo Dot for $199.99 (save $280) at Best Buy.
– Philips 65" 4k Android Smart HDTV for $278 at Walmart.
– Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones for $129.99 ($50 off) at Target.
– Apple iPad 32GB 10.2" (Latest Generation) for $249.99 ($80 off) at Target.
– Samsung 3.1-Channel 340W Soundbar System with 6-1/2" Wireless Subwoofer for $209.99 (save $190) at Best Buy. – Roku Ultra 4k Media Player for $48 (50% off) at Walmart.
– JLab JBuds Air Executive True Wireless In-Ear Headphones for $34 (50% off) at Walmart.
• Smart Home
– Ring Video Doorbell 2 for $129 ($70 off) at Target.
– Google Nest Learning Thermostat + $45 in Kohl's Cash for $179.99 ($70 off) at Kohls.
– Google Nest Hub Smart Display + $15 in Kohl's Cash for $79 ($50 off) at Kohls.
– Black+Decker Children's Workbench for $34.99 at Target (50% off).
– Hatchimals HatchiBabies for $29.99 at Target (50% off).
– Ryan's World Deluxe Piggy Bank Surprise for $30 at Walmart.
– Kano Kid's Build Your Own Computer Kit for $49.99 ($100 off) at Target.
– KidKraft Montauk Outdoor Playset w/Tube Slide for $799 at Target (save $450).
– Select Barbie Dolls, Disney Princess Dolls, and Hot Wheels Vehicles for $4.99 each at Kohl's.
– PJ Masks Headquarters Play Set for $19.99 (50% off) at Kohl's.
– 30% off select Lego sets at Kohl's.
– 50% off select Disney toys at JCPenney.
• Video Games
– More than 100 different PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One games for $15 each at Target.
– Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bundle Console + a $40 Target Gift Card for $199.99 ($100 off) at Target.
– Sony Playstation 4 1TB Console Bundle w/3 "Only On Playstation" Games for $199.99 ($100 off) at Best Buy.
– Nintendo Switch Console w/carrying case + docketing station + $90 in Kohl's Cash for $319.99 at Kohls.
• Computers / Accessories
– HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop w/Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD for $579 at Walmart.
– Samsung 11.6" Chromebook 3 w/4GB Memory for $99 ($60 off) at Walmart.
– LG 32" IPS Monitor for $129.99 (save $70) at Office Depot.
– HP Color LaserJet Pro M281fdw All-In-One Printer for $279.99 ($150 off) at Staples.
– HP 14" Laptop w/AMD A9-Series Processor, 4GB Memory, 128GB SSD for $199.99 ($100 off) at Best Buy.
– KitchenAid Professional 5-qt. Mixer for $229.99 at Target ($220 off).
– Small kitchen appliances (toaster, coffee maker, crock pot, etc) for $10 at Target (50% off).
– Keurig K-Select Single Serve Coffee Maker for $59.99 ($70 off) at JCPenney.
– FoodSaver FM2106 Vacuum Sealing System + $15 in Kohl's Cash for $67.99 ($82 off) at Kohl's.
– 40% off all Levi's Jeans at Kohl's.
– 60% off select styles of pajamas for kids at Kohl's.
– 25% off Nike, Adidas, and Skechers shoes for the family at JCPenney.
– Boys' and Girls' Character 2-Piece Sleep Sets for $4.75 each at Walmart.
• Bed & Bath
– 50% off all character Bed-in-a-Bag children's sheet sets at Target.
– Hotel Suite White Goose Feather and Down Comforter (all sizes) + $15 in Kohl's Cash for $50.99 ($79-$129 off) at Kohls.
– The Big One Bath Towels for $2.54 each ($7.50 off) at Kohl's.
– JCPenney Home 40-pc. Dinnerwear Set for $29.99 ($70 off) at JCPenney.
– 23andme Health + Ancestry Kit for $99.99 at Target ($100 off).
– Weber Genesis II SE-410 Gas Grill for $699 with free assembly and delivery at Ace Hardware ($250 off).
– 60% off select Samsonite, Columbia, and TravelPro luggage at JCPenney.
– Protocol Garrison 5-Piece Luggage Set for $49.99 at JCPenney.
– 70-75% off all fine jewelry at Kohl's.
– 60% off select holiday decor & ornaments at JCPenney.
– Select DVDs and Blu-rays from $1.96 to $5.96 each at Walmart.