BULLARD – Two separate public hearings will be held as part of a 6 p.m. Tuesday meeting of the Bullard City Council at City Hall, 14 S. Phillips St.
Jason Campbell Custom Homes has requested separate hearings for the annexation of a one-acre tract adjacent to and north of FM 344 East, and for a change of zoning from R-1A Single Family Residential District. Afterward, the council will consider adopting an ordinance to annex the property at the Jason Campbell Custom Homes's request.
City leaders also will act on preparing for an upcoming May 2 municipal election with separate actions that call for the ordering of an election, entering into a joint agreement with Bullard ISD for the general election and entering into an interlocal agreement with Smith County to conduct the city council election.
During the meeting, the council will:
• Discuss/act on presentation from Dee Riley from Coffee Around the Corner regarding an April 18 Spring Fling sponsored by downtown businesses;
• Discuss/act on presentation from the Bullard Chamber of Commerce for use of downtown green space for an April 25 Family Fun Day;
• Discuss/act on entering an interlocal cooperation contract for the Failure to Appear Program with the Texas Department of Public Safety, and authorize Mayor Pam Frederick to execute the contract;
• Discuss/approve various staff departmental reports; and
• Discuss/act on approval of minutes from a Jan. 13 joint meeting with Bullard ISD and a Jan. 14 regular meeting.
The agenda also includes an item calling for executive session regarding consultation with attorney “on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with this chapter – regarding selecting provider for emergency service,” with the council reserving the right to include a non-member of the council “whose interests are not adverse to the interests of the City Council and the person's presence is necessary to the anticipated deliberation.”
Action, if any, will be taken when the council reconvenes into open session.