BULLARD – Two separate public hearings were held as part of a 6 p.m. Tuesday meeting of the Bullard City Council at City Hall, according to the meeting agenda.
Jason Campbell Custom Homes requested separate hearings for the annexation of a one-acre tract adjacent to and north of FM 344 East, and for a change of zoning from R-1A Single Family Residential District. Afterward, the council adopted an ordinance to annex the property at the Jason Campbell Custom Homes's request.
City leaders also acted on preparing for an upcoming May 2 municipal election with separate actions that called for the ordering of an election, entering into a joint agreement with Bullard ISD for the general election and entering into an interlocal agreement with Smith County to conduct the city council election.
During the meeting, the council also approved:
• An April 18 Spring Fling sponsored by downtown businesses;
• A Bullard Chamber of Commerce request for use of downtown green space for an April 25 Family Fun Day, with a request to provide more details regarding road closures;
• An interlocal cooperation contract for the Failure to Appear Program with the Texas Department of Public Safety, with Mayor Pam Frederick authorized to execute the contract;
• Various staff departmental reports; and
• Approval of minutes from a Jan. 13 joint meeting with Bullard ISD and a Jan. 14 regular meeting.
No action was taken following an executive session of the council.
All council members were in attendance.