RUSK – Cherokee County Commissioner's Court will meet in regular session at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the courthouse in Rusk to discuss and possibly act upon:
• Laying utility lines in each precinct;
• Approval of Cherokee County Sheriff's Department report;
• Approval of resolution to renew its guidelines and criteria governing tax abatement agreements;
• Possible action on the closure of a portion of County Road 1801;
• Approval to consolidate polling places for the Nov. 5 Constitutional Amendment Special Election;
• Approval of 2019 tax roll items: Effective tax rate, collection rate, discounts and presentation of certificate of railroad rolling stock value;
• Approval for imposition of optional fees for calendar year 2020;
• Approval to assist the City of Rusk with specific road projects;
• Presentation of the Cherokee County CSCD proposed budget for fiscal year 2020-21;
• Accepting Precinct 1 to purchase sand and mix oil sand on private property; and
• Approval of a consent agenda that includes court meeting minutes, the monthly report from Pct. 2 Constable Jack White and authorizing payment of bills, payroll and transfer of funds.
The meeting agenda also includes a budget workshop and an executive session in which the court will discuss personnel matters. Action, if any, will be taken when the court reconvenes into open meeting, as per state law.