RUSK – County leaders will meet in regular session 9 a.m. Tuesday, July 9, at the Cherokee County Courthouse to discuss the following:
• Consider laying utility lines in each precinct;
• Hear a presentation from the Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas, regarding a resolution of support for the economic development and creation of jobs within Polk County and surrounding counties of Deep East Texas;
• Consider approval of the Sheriff's Department monthly report;
• Consider granting Sheriff's Department request for permission to accept a cash donation;
• Consider two separate requests – one affecting County Road 4725, another, CR 2609 – for public hearings to set speed limits on those roads at 35 miles per hour;
• Consider acceptance for Precinct 4 to receive dirt or clay material from New Summerfield School;
• Hear a presentation of the Cherokee County Juvenile Services' proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2020;
• Consider authorizing Precinct 3 to amend budget to transfer $1,000 from purchase of new trucks account into utilities, $3,000 from purchase of new truck into tires, tubes and repairs; then transfer the remainder – $9,915 – from purhcase of new truck account into Road Oil and Paving Materials;
• Consider approval of 2019-20 renewal of health insurance and life insurance for county employees;
• Consider approval of a county specific incentive program for county employees;
• Consider setting date and time for interviews on License & Weight position; and
• Consider approval of consent agenda, which includes a replat of Lots 1A &2A, Block 18, Section 2A into Lot 1B, Block 18, Section 2A, Eagles Bluff – no roads; a monthly report from Precinct 2 Constable Jack White; and payment of bills, payroll and transfer of funds.
The court also present service awards to county employees during Tuesday's meeting.