RUSK – Local city leaders will consider an ordinance establishing a Municipal Court of Record, as well as appointing a judge and court administrator to oversee it, during a 5:30 p.m. meeting Thursday at the Rusk Civic Center, 555 Euclid Street.
According to a meeting agenda, the Rusk City Council also will:
• Discuss/consider a resolution requesting financial participation from the Texas Water Development Board; authorizing the filing of the application; and making certain findings in connection therewith;
• Discuss/consider approval of a joint election agreement between Rusk ISD and the City of Rusk;
• Discuss/consider an ordinance renaming Weems Street to Adams Lane;
• Discuss/consider the construction of a new equipment storage building at the Lions Club Park Baseball/Softball Complex
• Consider approval of a consent agenda that includes a January 2020 check register report, minutes for the Jan. 9 regular council meeting and the Jan. 30 special city council meeting; and
• Hold a public hearings for the designation of a 13.430-acre tract spanning three survey areas as a Texas Enterprise Zone No. 6.
No executive session is scheduled, according to the agenda.