Jacksonville City Council members will discuss several projects next week including a study on the cost and feasibility of a retention lagoon at Double Creek Wastewater Plant. A work order to perform technically based local limits for the plant will also be on the agenda.
The council meeting will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, at City Hall, 315 S. Ragsdale St.
Other items on the agenda include approving a roofer for the Community and Public Services Building and approving a design firm for the city's swimming pool project.
The approval of overlay striping list for fiscal year 2018-19 is also listed on the agenda.
Council members will also hear an update on the animal shelter renovation in which the former shelter on Tena Street is being turned into the city's facility.
Blue Goose Customs and Fabrications LLC will be honored as the Employer of the Month.
Items on the consent agenda include:
- Approval of minutes from Jan. 8 and Jan. 22 council meetings and a Feb. 7 workshop;
- Reappointing Janie Barber, Nancy Nesselhauf and Junior Washburn to the Vanishing Texana Museum Board;
- Reappointing John Taylor as the Museum Board Chairman;
- Approval of Community and Public Services and the Jacksonville Fire Department to sell off excess items by way of an auction;
- Approval of a resolution calling for an election for the city for council seats in District 1, District 3 and the Mayor's position;
- Approval of a joint election between the city and Jacksonville ISD;
- Approval of a contract for election services with Cherokee County; and
- Approval of new post issue compliance procedures.
An executive session will be held to discuss real property, economic development and the case of City of Jacksonville vs. Wasson.
Any action from the executive session will be taken in open session.