During its regular meeting Monday school board trustees will consider resolutions allowing Jacksonville ISD superintendent Dr. Chad Kelly to advertise for bids on the district's south warehouse at 2045 S. Jackson St., for a minimum bid set at $215,000, according to a meeting agenda.
Also during the 6:30 p.m. meeting at the administration building, located at 800 College Ave., trustees also will:
• Consider and adopt the 2019 Certified Tax Roll;
• Consider/approve investment officer training through Texas State University
• Consider/approve the Annual Region VII purchasing cooperative interlocal agreement and resolution;
• Consider/approve method of procurement for the JHS and Nichols roof projects;
• Consider/approve the 2019-20 updated T-TESS list of appraisers;
• Consider/adopt resolution in making nominations to the Cherokee County Appraisal District board of directors;
• Consider/approve of Kelly signing the State of Texas Landowners Bill of Rights; and
• Consider/approve a consent agenda that includes minutes from the Sept. 16 board meeting; investment, financial, current amendment and ADA reports; donation of literacy books for upcoming Trunk or Treat event – in the amount of $1,800 – from the local Kiwanis Club; and tax refund applications, if needed.
Prior to the regular session, trustees will meet in closed/executive session at 5:30 p.m. to consider a professional personnel report and legal matters, student discipline and real property, the agenda noted.
Action – if any – will be taken during the regular/open session, as per Texas Government Code.