It’s Tomato Fest TIME in Jacksonville!
From June 1 – 8, 2019 – Here’s what’s happening!
Here’s the schedule of Tomato Fest activities and award presentations happening June 1 – 8, 2019 in Jacksonville Texas.
· Saturday, June 1, 8 a.m. Tomato Fest 5K Run & Fun Run, All Smiles, 2110 E. Rusk St., Jacksonville, Tx, Dr. Larry Folden, 903.586.0741
· Sunday, June 2, 6 p.m. at Central Baptist Church, 1909 E. Rusk, Jacksonville, Tx – City-Wide Church Singing organized by Doug Wintermute, 903.586.2494
· Monday, June 3, 2 p.m. at City Hall, 315 S. Ragsdale, Jacksonville, Tx – Mayor Randy Gorham to proclaim Jacksonville “Tomatoville”.
· Monday, June 3rd and Tuesday, June 4, 6 p.m. at John Alexander Gym, Farnsworth Street, Jacksonville, Tx – 5th Annual Dodgeball Tournament. Contact Family First Clinic, 903.284.6105 Katie Royon.
· Wednesday, June 5, 5 p.m. at Kierpsol Salt Room – Diced! Jacksonville ISD vs City of Jacksonville. $35 fee and advance tickets can be purchased by calling Kiepersol at 903.894.3300. Here’s details info by clicking on the link http://www.jacksonvilletexas.com/events/details/diced-a-live-local-celebrity-cooking-challenge-2019-tomato-fest-6407
· Thursday, June 6, 7 p.m. Farm to Table Dinner at Castle on the Lake, 9110 US Hwy. 79W, Jacksonville. Advance reservations by clicking on link and more information about event: http://www.jacksonvilletexas.com/events/details/farm-to-table-dinner-35th-annual-tomato-fest-6369 or call the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce at 903.586.2217. Tickets are $100 or reserved tables can also be purchased for an additional cost. Deadline June 4th.
· Friday, June 7, 1 pm at Cherokee Ranch Golf Club, 14881 US Hwy. 79E, Jacksonville. Tomato Classic 4-Man Scramble. For details and fees contact Cherokee Ranch Golf Club at 903.541-4700 Jerry Black or Brittany Canter.
· Friday, June 7, 7 p.m. at the Tomato Bowl(Austin & Hwy. 79 East in Jacksonville) Re-Grand Opening and Neal McCoy Concert. The Concert will begins at 8 p.m. and it’s FREE! For details contact Jacksonville ISD at 903.586.6511 Chad Kelly, Superintendent.
Saturday, June 8
- 6 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. vendors will be set up vendors and events for the 35th Annual Tomato Fest located on Commerce Street from Bolton Street to Austin Street.
- 8:45 a.m. – Opening of the 35th Annual Tomato under the overpass on Commerce Street – Welcome handled by Tom Trimble-Chamber Chairman of the Board, Robin Butt-Tomato Fest Chair, Mayor Randy Gorham, Bea Johnson – 1st Tomato Fest Chair and Rev. John Atkinson of Peoples Church.
- Photo times of awards:
- 11 a.m. – under the overpass – Celebrity Tomato Eating Contest
- Noon under the overpass – Best Home Grown Tomato Awards
- 12:30 p.m. under the overpass – Tomato Peeling Contest
- 1 p.m. under the overpass – Awards – Salsa Contest
- 1:15 p.m. under the overpass – Kids Tomato Eating Contest
- 1:30 p.m. under the overpass – Tomato Packing Contest
- 2 p.m. awards – Car Show Jacksonville Progress Parking lot across from famous Tomato Bowl (football stadium – Commerce and Austin Streets)
- 2ish – awards – Motorcycle Show – by Bill Day Tire on corner of Commerce & Neches Street
- 3ish – awards – Got Talent Contest under the overpass ($500 Got Talent Contest is from 2 – 4 p.m. under the overpass)
- 7 – 10 p.m. Chili’s Street Dance featuring Tyler Dudley Band and Ian & Warm Bodies – FREE! – Robin Butt and Tom Trimble will present award to Shawn Gowin of Chili’s due to their continued support for the Street Dance.