School board trustees will meet Monday at the Jacksonville ISD Administration building, 800 College Ave., for a budget workshop, followed by a regular meeting.
First, though, they will convene in closed session at 5:30 p.m., then convene into public session for a 6 p.m. budget workshop and 6:30 p.m. regular session, according to a meeting agenda.
Action based on closed session discussions, if any, will take place during the open session of the meeting, as per state code. This includes consider/hire a chief technology officer and technical service director, and consider/adopt updated superintendent goals for 2019-20.
Other action items on the agenda include:
• A presentation of the 2019-20 Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-Tess), then consider approval of a related list of appraisers and T-TESS calendar;
• Consider approval of a memorandum between the City of Jacksonville and JISD;
• Consider setting a 6:30 p.m., Aug. 26, public hearing to discuss the district's proposed 2019-20 budget/tax rate;
• Consider approving an official voting delegate and alternate to the 2019 TASBE Delegate Assembly on Sept. 21;
• Consider endorsing candidacy of Ted Beard to fill a position on the TASB Board of Directors;
• Act on LOCAL policies;
• Consider/repeal all previously adopted policies and adopt LOCAL policies;
• Approval of consent agenda, which includes June 24 regular board minutes; investment/finance/current amended budget reports; tax refund applications and donation of $1,000 – if needed.