RUSK — A house on U.S. 84 West inside the loop on Sixth Street received minor fire damage after the resident was burning a candle in her home, according to Rusk Fire Department Chief Wayne Morgan.

“The lady was burning a candle...somehow it set the curtains on fire, and she got out of the house and called 911,” Morgan said. “We got there and made entry with a hose.”

Morgan said there was minor water and fire damage and medium smoke damage to the home.

Approximately 10 firefighters were on the scene, Morgan added, and the department was on the scene for nearly 30 minutes.

Rusk Police Department officials also arrived.

No injuries were reported, Morgan said.

Trending Video

Recommended for you