Courtesy of Cherokee Co. Sheriff's Office
On Tuesday Jan 3 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., unknown persons entered onto a property on FM-752 approximately two-miles south of Rusk while the residents were at work. When the home owner returned home shortly after 5 p.m. it was discovered that lawn equipment had been stolen. Among the items stolen were:
• 14 foot, homemade flatbed trailer with pipe railing and red pipe gate/ramp, value - $1,300.
• Torro brand commercial 0-Turn mower, red in color, value - $3,800.
• Assorted hand yard/lawn tools.
Estimated total loss is over $5,500.
Between Dec. 15, 2011 and Jan. 3, 2012 unknown persons entered into a vacant residence on CR-3601, 1/4 mile north of FM-855 in the Mount. Selman Community.
Once inside the residence, the suspects removed all the electrical outlet and light switches from the wiring inside the residence. The wiring was also disconnected from the main breaker box of the residence.
The only item taken was an outside air conditioner unit. It appeared that the suspects were in the process of stripping all the electrical wiring from the residence and were interrupted before doing so.
Estimated loss due to damage & the theft of the air conditioner is $3,000.
Between midnight Dec 23, 2011 & 1:30am Dec 24, 2011 unknown persons entered into a residence on CR 3132 near Lake Jacksonville. The home owners had briefly left the residence to go into Jacksonville and when they returned they noticed several items missing. There was no forced entry to the residence because the owners had left it unlocked for the short trip into town.
Nothing appeared to have been rummaged through, and it appeared that the suspects grabbed only a few higher dollar items from the livingroom area that would be quick and easy to carry.
The items stolen from the residence were:
• A CZ 9mm, semi-automatic pistol, valued at $450,
• A Wii game system, valued at $200
• Approximately 35 Wii games, valued at $500,
• Approximately 25 assorted DVD movies, valued at $300,
Total loss estimated at $1,500
OUTSTANDING FELONY WARRANTS
Charles Draper Skinner, a 34-year-old black male, 6 ft. tall, 160 lbs, brown eyes, black hair
Skinner is from the Alto Community, and is a truck driver by trade. The last information available to deputies was that Skinner left Cherokee County and may have fled to Arkansas or Oklahoma, possibly working in the oilfield industry.
Skinner has three outstanding felony arrest warrants:
• Aggravated sexual assault of a child.
• Indecency with a child by sexual contact.
• Display harmful material to a minor.
Jerremy Jermaine Scott, a 23 year-old black male, 5'7" tall, 140 lbs, brown eyes, black hair
Scott is from the Cuney Community. Subject has many associates in the Cuney, Frankston, Coffee City and Jacksonville communities.
Authorities have not been able to locate him since executing a narcotics search warrant at his residence in Cuney in the early morning hours of May 20, 2011.
Scott has five outstanding arrest warrants:
• Three felony warrants for Manufacture & Delivery of a controlled substance
• Misdemeanor warrant for possession of marijuana
• Misdemeanor warrant for assault causing bodily injury