NEW SUMMERFIELD – City leaders will consider entering into a joint election agreement with New Summerfield ISD for a May 2 municipal election, during a 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, meeting at the New Summerfield City Hall, 13280 State Highway 110 North.
During the regular meeting, the council also will:
• Consider/act on budget amendments;
• Consider/act on relocation of gas lines on FM 235 and FM 768 per TxDOT;
• Consider/act on J&S Directional Boring Inc. invoice for damages to water system;
• Consider/act on replacing water line for New Summerfield Land Corp Subdivision:
• Consider/act on utility report presented by Peter Eads;
• Consider/act on police report by Chief Reynold Humber; and
• Consider/act on consent agenda, which includes approval of minutes for previous minutes, a finance update and bill paying.
The council will meet in executive session to discuss the hire of a new utility operate, Jose Quinteros, and give an annual evaluation for Municipal Court Clerk Estela Rodriguez. Action, if any, will be taken when the council reconvenes into open session, as per Texas Government Code.