RUSK – Several different rules and standards proposed to better help city officials operate meetings as well as provide a standard of conduct will be considered during a 6 p.m. Thursday regular meeting of the Rusk City Council at the Rusk Civic Center.
City leaders will consider an ordinance that calls for the Rules of Order and Procedures for the conducting of council meetings, then address a second ordinance regarding a Code of Ethics and Standard of Conduct for city officials.
Additionally, the council will discuss and consider:
• A resolution establishing the City of Rusk charter review committee and providing for the committee's duties, terms, membership and rules of procedure;
• Proposals for the rehabilitation of city water tanks, including a maintenance contract with J&A Coating Co., and a TWDB loan through Schaumburg & Polk, Inc.;
• Steve Goode's proposal to establish a RYSA Sports Complex on city-owned property located adjacent to the Rusk KOA
• A proposal from Chris Baker for the updating of the city's website;
• Confirmation of the city manager's appointment of a new director of development services;
• Approval of the Jan. 10 regular city council meeting minutes; and
• Approval of the February 2019 financial report and credit card statement.
An executive session item lists the discussion of acquisition of property at 140 N. Main St.; action – if any – will be taken when the council reconvenes in open session, as per Texas Government Code.