RUSK – City leaders will consider some weighty issues during the executive session portion of a 5:30 p.m. regular meeting on Thursday, regarding the City Secretary position and a proposal to declare Rusk a Sanctuary City for the unborn, according to a meeting agenda.
The council also is slated to consult with City Attorney Anthony King regarding claims for damages – Wesley Cumby and Harry’s Building Materials – the agenda noted. Action on these items, if any, will be taken during the open part of the meeting, as per state government code.
During the meeting, the council also will:
• Discuss/consider a resolution requesting financial participation from the Texas Water Development Board; authorizing the filing of an application for financial participation and making certain findings in connection therewith.
• Discuss/consider an ordinances creating a Municipal Court of Record and the appointment of the judge of the municipal court and the court administrator;
• Discuss/consider an ordinance renaming Weems Street to Adams Lane;
• Discuss/consider a resolution formally accepting repairs to Ground Storage Tank #5 and setting the warranty period for said repairs;
• Discuss/consider an ordinance formalizing the City’s Public Information Request Policy; and
• Consider approval of a consent agenda that features minutes from the Dec. 12, 2019, meeting and a December 2019 check register report.