RUSK – Local school board trustees will meet in regular session, 6 p.m. Monday at the Rusk ISD administrative office, 203 E. 7th Street to discuss a variety of agenda items, including:
• Consider resolution casting votes for Cherokee County Appraisal District Board of Directors;
• Consider resolution casting votes for Rusk County Appraisal District Board of Directors;
• Consider increasing price of paid lunches at junior high and high school by 25 cents, to a total of $3;
• Consider Cherokee County Special Education Cooperative Shared Services Arrangement Agreement; and
• Consider approval of a consent agenda that includes minutes of the previous meeting and review of an RISD financial update.
An executive/closed session is listed on the meeting agenda; action, if any, will be taken when the board reconvenes into open session, as per Texas Government Code.
Trustees also will hear a report on resignation and retirement of staff members and administrative recommendations for a principal at G.W. Bradford Primary School, as well as for a College and Career Coordinator at Rusk High School.
A superintendent's report will include information about the board calendar; a facilities update; security cameras; a review of monthly expenditures; class rank for the Class of 2023 and beyond, as well as student transfers.