Funeral services for Mrs. Eloise Shackelford, 84, of Mount Selman, will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Renfro Memorial at Boren-Conner Funeral Home in Jacksonville, with the Rev. Dan Middleton officiating. Burial will be at Jacksonville Old City Cemetery under the direction of Boren-Conner Funeral Home.
Mrs. Shackelford died Saturday morning at a Jacksonville nursing home.
She was born Aug. 7, 1925, in Jacksonville, where she lived out the rest of her life. She was a housewife, having previously worked for Nichols-Kusan and Wilson Rose Nursery, and a member of Central Baptist Church in Jacksonville. She is preceded in death by her parents, Frank Hart and Mamie Cook Earle.
Mrs. Shackelford is survived by her husband, Claude C. Shackelford of Mount Selman; and a niece, Mary Lou Ener of Beaumont. Pallbearers will be Jim Buckley, Randy Hasty, Mickey Burns, Jerry Carlile, Bob Hardy and Roger Chandler.
Family members will accept friends Monday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at Boren-Conner Funeral Home in Jacksonville.
- Jacksonville answers concerns: plans park once fire department vacated
- Troup ISD adjusts remote learning program
- Battling over barbecue: Jacksonville FD and PD compete
- Taco 'bout fun! Jacksonville hosts inaugural Taco Trot to benefit American Cancer Society
- Cherokee County commissioners meet
- Sonic scares up a couple of new Halloween-inspired shakes
- Information sought on missing woman
- Sheriff’s office continues search for missing teen
- Cherokee County voters casting ballots early
- Jacksonville trooper awarded by DPS