BULLARD — Just when the Panthers and Lady Panthers needed a doubleheader sweep, they got it.
Bullard varsity squads defeated Canton in Friday night key District 14-3A competition.
Lady Panthers 49, Lady Eagles 43
Elisha Lee popped the nets for 17 points as the No. 18-state ranked Lady Panthers edged Canton, 49-43.
Bullard overcame a half deficit to outscore Canton 32-16 in the final half.
Other scorers for the Lady Panthers were: Calli Miller, 4; Christina Hatten, 2; Hillary Philpott, 4; Kayla Welling, 2; Sarah Welling, 12 and Danielle Heithoff, 8.
Bullard is 22-4, 5-0 in district.
Panthers 56, Eagles 42
Lance Anding led the way with 13 points as Bullard took a big district win.
Bullard got red-hot earl in the game as they would not surrender it to the fiesty Eagles.
Other Bullard scorers were: Daniel Howard, 6; Austin Camp, 5; Josiah Rosebury, 8; Brandon Beavers, 2; Nikki Rumbelow, 6; Andrew Barron, 6; Charlie Moore, 6 and Brandon Davis, 4.
The Panthers are 16-7 overall, 2-1 in district.
- Jacksonville answers concerns: plans park once fire department vacated
- Troup ISD adjusts remote learning program
- Battling over barbecue: Jacksonville FD and PD compete
- Information sought on missing woman
- Taco 'bout fun! Jacksonville hosts inaugural Taco Trot to benefit American Cancer Society
- Sonic scares up a couple of new Halloween-inspired shakes
- Cherokee County commissioners meet
- Sheriff’s office continues search for missing teen
- Independent Riders raise donations for dogs (and cats)
- Cherokee County voters casting ballots early